Privacy on the internet is definitely a concern (we talk about it frequently related to Facebook). But making your information so secure that employers can’t contact you will not be of any use to your job search. Recruiters use Linkedin to find candidates. And once we find a candidate we are interested in, we try to contact them to give them more information and set up an interview. However, if your contact settings are blocked so we can’t reach you, you’ll never find out about this great position you might love. Barry Deutsch gives us 5 ways to set up your Linkedin so that you are easily accessible to future employers.
- Include a phone number on your LinkedIn Profile
- Include a direct email on your LinkedIn Profile
- Check your settings “open to career opportunities”
- Check the settings for “open networker”
- Set group settings to allow group members to send you a direct message