Anyone can become an entrepreneur at any time, but Kelly Cuene of the Student Branding Blog thinks that college students are in prime position to start a business. It could be any type, but Kelly suggests that starting some type of business during college would yield really great results. Being so young, can they handle entrepreneurship? Kelly gives 6 main reasons why college is the perfect time to start a business:
- More time – College kids have more time between classes, on weekends, and definitely during the summer than adults working a 9-5 job.
- Resources – Many campuses have professionals/offices that can guide the students.
- Less Commitments – While college students are busy, they typically don’t have families to take care of, so they have less to risk in starting a business.
- Target Audience – Depending on the product, they may be living in the middle of their perfect audience: college kids.
- Benefits – While most college kids are still covered under their parents insurance, they don’t have to worry about the lack of benefits associated with entrepreneurship.
- Economy – In this economy, it’s hard to find a job as a college kid. So why not try something and get the experience by starting your own.